Bing Liu, PhD, Professor
Brainnetome Center and National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition
Institute of Automation
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Beijing 100190, P. R. China
Phone: +86 10 82544770
Fax: +86 10 6255 1993
I received my BSc from Civil Aviation University of China in 2002, and Ph.D. from Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2007. Since June 2007, I has worked in National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition as an assistant professor , associate professor and professor. My research interests mainly focus on imaging genomics, systems biology, brain networks and their applications in brain diseases.
- Systems biology
- Imaging genomics
- Brain networks
- 1. Bing Liu, Xiaolong Zhang, Yue Cui, Wen Qin, Yan Tao, Ji Li, Chunshui Yu, Tianzi Jiang. Polygenic Risk for Schizophrenia Influences Cortical Gyrification in 2 Independent General Populations. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2016, in press.
- 2. Bing Liu#, Lingzhong Fan#, Yue Cui, Xiaolong Zhang, Bing Hou, Yonghui Li, Wen Qin, Dawei Wang, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. DISC1 Ser704Cys impacts thalamic-prefrontal connectivity. Brain Structure & Function. 2015;220(1):91-100.
- 3. Bing Liu, Xiaolong Zhang, Bing Hou, Jin Li, Chengxiang Qiu, Wen Qin, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. The impact of MIR137 on dorsolateral prefrontal-hippocampal functional connectivity in healthy subjects. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2014;39(9):2153-60.
- 4. Bing Liu#, Ming Song#, Jun Li#, Yong Liu, Kuncheng Li, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. Prefrontal-related functional connectivities within the default network are modulated by COMT val158met in healthy young adults. The Journal of Neuroscience. 2010;30(1):64-9.
- 5. Bing Liu#, Jun Li#, Chunshui Yu, Yonghui Li, Yong Liu, Ming Song, Ming Fan, Kuncheng Li, Tianzi Jiang*. Haplotypes of catechol-O-methyltransferase modulate intelligence-related brain white matter integrity. NeuroImage. 2010;50(1):243-9.
- 6. Xiaolong Zhang, Jin-tai Yu, Jin Li, Chao Wang, Lan Tan, Bing Liu*, Tianzi Jiang*. Bridging Integrator 1 (BIN1) Genotype Effects on Working Memory, Hippocampal Volume and Functional Connectivity in Young Healthy Individuals. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015;40(7):1794-803. (Corresponding Author)
- 7. Xiaolong Zhang, Jin Li, Wen Qin, Chunshui Yu, Bing Liu*, and Tianzi Jiang. The catechol-o-methyltransferase Val158Met polymorphism modulates the intrinsic functional network centrality of the parahippocampal cortex in healthy subjects. Scientific Reports. 2015; 5: 10105. (Corresponding Author)
- 8. Geng Chen, Chengxiang Qiu, Qipeng Zhang, Bing Liu*, Qinghua Cui*. Genome-wide analysis of human SNPs at long intergenic noncoding RNAs. Human Mutation. 2013;34(2):338-44.(Corresponding Author)
- 9. Yan Tao, Bing Liu*, Xiaolong Zhang, Jin Li, Wen Qin, Chunshui Yu, Tianzi Jiang. The Structural Connectivity Pattern of the Default Mode Network and Its Association with Memory and Anxiety. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy. 2015; 9:152. (Corresponding Author)
- 10. Bing Liu, Tianzi Jiang, Songde Ma, Huizhi Zhao, Jun Li, Xingpeng Jiang, Jing Zhang. Exploring candidate genes for human brain diseases from a brain-specific gene network. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2006. 349(4): 1308-1314.
- 11. Bing liu, Qinghua Cui, Tianzi Jiang*, Songde Ma. A combinational feature selection and ensemble neural network method for classification of gene expression data. BMC Bioinformatics, 2004. 5.
- 12. Yue Cui#, Bing Liu#, Yuan Zhou#, Lingzhong Fan, Jin Li, Yun Zhang, Huawang Wu, Bing Hou, Chao Wang, Fanfan Zheng, Chengxiang Qiu, Li-Lin Rao, Yuping Ning, Shu Li, Tianzi Jiang*. Genetic Effects on Fine-Grained Human Cortical Regionalization. Cerebral Cortex. 2015; in press. (Co-first Author)
- 13. Yonghui Li#, Bing Liu#, Bing Hou#, Wen Qin, Dawei Wang, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. Less efficient information transfer in Cys-allele carriers of DISC1: a brain network study based on diffusion MRI. Cerebral Cortex. 2013;23(7):1715-23.(Co-first Author)
- 14. Jin Li#, Bing Liu#, Chuansheng Chen, Yue Cui, Liqing Shang, Yun Zhang, Chao Wang, Xiaolong Zhang, Qinghua He, Wen Zhang, Wenwei Bi, Tianzi Jiang*. RAB2A Polymorphism impacts prefrontal morphology, functional connectivity, and working memory. Human Brain Mapping. 2015; 36(11):4372-82. (Co-first Author)
- 15. Chao Wang#, Yuanchao Zhang#, Bing Liu#, Haixia Long, Chunshui Yu, Tianzi Jiang*. Dosage effects of BDNF Val66Met polymorphism on cortical surface area and functional connectivity. The Journal of Neuroscience. 2014;34(7):2645-51. (Co-first Author)
- 16. Dawei Wang#, Bing Liu#, Wen Qin, Junping Wang, Yunting Zhang, Tianzi Jiang, Chunshui Yu*. KIBRA gene variants are associated with synchronization within the default-mode and executive control networks. NeuroImage. 2013;69:213-22.(Co-first Author)
- 17. Chao Wang#, Bing Liu#, Haixia Long, Linzhong Fan, Jin Li, Xiaolong Zhang, Chengxiang Qiu, Chunshui Yu, Tianzi Jiang*. Epistatic interaction of BDNF and COMT on the frontostriatal system. Neuroscience. 2015; 298:380-8. (Co-first Author)
- 18. Haixia Long#, Bing Liu#, Bing Hou, Chao Wang, Jin Li, Wen Qin, Dawei Wang, Yuan Zhou, Keith M. Kendrick, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. The long rather than the short allele of 5-HTTLPR predisposes Han Chinese to anxiety and reduced connectivity between prefrontal cortex and amygdala. Neuroscience Bulletin. 2013;29(1):4-15.(Selected as Research Highlights by Nature China: http://www.natureasia.com/en/nchina/article/10.1038/nchina.2013.16 ) (Co-first Author)
- 19. Yue Cui#, Bing Liu#, Suhuai Luo, Xiantong Zhen, Ming Fan, Tao Liu, Wanlin Zhu, Mira Park, Tianzi Jiang*,Jesse S Jin*. Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. Identification of conversion from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's disease using multivariate predictors. PLONE. 2011;6(7):e21896.(Co-first Author)
- 20. Haixia Long#, Bing Liu#, Bing Hou, Chao Wang, Keith M. Kendrick, Chunshui Yu*, Tianzi Jiang*. A potential ethnic difference in the association between 5-HTTLPR polymorphisms and the brain default mode network. Chinese Science Bulletin. 2014;59(13):1355-61.(Co-first Author)
- 21. Ming Fan#, Bing Liu#, Yuan Zhou, Xiantong Zhen, Cunlu Xu, Tianzi Jiang*, Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. Cortical thickness is associated with different apolipoprotein E genotypes in healthy elderly adults. Neuroscience Letters. 2010;479(3):332-6.(Co-first Author)
Award and Honor
- LU Jiaxi Youth Talent Award by CAS (2015)
- Excellent Young Scientist of CAS (2014)
- Member of Youth Innovation Promotion Association of CAS (2011)
- Award of Beijing Nova Program (2010)
- CAS Outstanding Graduate Award (2007)
- Excellent Award of the CAS President's Scholarship (2007)
- CAS Outstanding Student Award (2007)
- Bao Gang Scholarship (2006)
- CAS Outstanding Student Award (2006)
- CASIA First Grade Scholarship (2005)